Monday, December 20, 2010

An Unfortunate Commuter's End-of-Year Recap: New Years Resolution!



Oh this is just great isn't it?





You know my favorite part of looking back? Looking forward. (Pretty deep, eh?) So to conclude my year end wrap up, I look to the future. Here are some resolutions for 2011:

Visit more museums


-The Museum of Natural History is my neighbor. There is no excuse for me to be uninfomed about dinosaurs any longer.

Visit neighboring neighborhoods


-Ever heard of Inwood? Probably not. But I have! And it's only one stop up on the A Train. Why not?

Learn to ride the bus



-Face it: the 1 Train is abysmal. And unfortunately for us UWS'ers, its the main form of subterranean transportation. But the bus, ah the bus! A whole new world. I'll check it out.

Shop locally



-Maybe next time I want a bag of chips at 2 a.m., maybe I should go to the local deli owner who has worked his whole life to create a business rather than the 24 hour Duane Reade (ok, off my soapbox now.)

Find the fortunate in the unfortunate




***** PLEASE NOTE THAT I WAS GOING TO PUT A FUNNY PICTURE OF A SMILE UP WITH A FUNNY CAPTION AND FOR SOME REASON IT IS NOT WORKING. BUT TRUST ME, IT WAS FUNNY. I SWEAR. THIS WHOLE ORDEAL HAS ME RETHINKING THIS RESOLUTION.

-Sure, I can find the unfortunate in any situation, but maybe I'll try the opposite. A brighter outlook on life never killed anyone, has it? (No really, has it?) So for every icy sidewalk, slow-walking tourist, Shake Shack line, and pushy subway rider, I will find the upside. Though I'm not making any promises.


Signing off. To a wonderful 2010, and to an even better 2011. Cheers!



            No comments:

            Post a Comment